Monday, September 28, 2009

Impulsive Mistakes

I am a patient person with an impulsive backbone.

Case in point: Bridesmaids' dresses.

When we were first engaged, I knew who I wanted by my side on the big day. What I was not certain on was what they would wear. I toyed with the idea of letting them choose th
eir own dress in any coral shade. I thought about choosing one shade from a bridal line and letting them choose a style that they liked. I considered letting them wear a neutral dress of their choice. Enter impulse. I found coral dresses at Forever 21 for $24.80. Awesome deal right? I would be able to pay for them and give them as a gift to my ladies.


via Forever 21

Here was the problem. I have 6 maids and 1 junior maid in ages ranging from 28 to 12, and 4'10"-6' tall. This short and strapless dress was not appropriate for all of my ladies. Some maids started having the dress altered and realized it would be too short for a possibly windy outdoor wedding! So for the past few months I have stressed over what to do. Order new dresses for all the maids, order new dresses for half the maids, make do with the dresses they have. I did not know and I had lots of people to consider.

You should also know that I check J.Crew online about every single day. (After I check NieNieDialogues, Snippet and Ink, Southern Weddings, Style Me Pretty and Once Wed to name a few!) I would watch as dresses would go on-sale, and eventually ship out. Until one day last week, when one of my all time favorite dresses came back on the sale rack in a lovely Papaya color! I may have shrilled in my apartment!

I researched and found that they had (almost) every size of the dresses that I needed. After a few long months of searching and researching options and dresses, I was ecstatic. The dresses were twice the price of the others: $49.99. But for bridesmaids' dresses? Get out of town.

This dress in Dark Slate is the same style, but Papaya is so much brighter!
via J.Crew

So I bought them and they should be here this week!

What will I do with the other dresses you ask? I am now researching my options of reselling on Ebay or Plato's Closet. I'll keep you updated!

New dress love and all of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment