Monday, February 14, 2011

Daddy's Girl

It wasn't until later in life that I heard this story. But boy, that Daddy sure new what he was doing.

My Daddy always sent his girls roses on Valentine's Day, even when we were very young. It was always a treat at school to receive roses, but I never knew why he did that, except that he was a great Daddy. But, Daddy sent us roses so that when we got a boyfriend, and he sent us flowers we wouldn't think it was anything special because our Dad always did that for us. Well, it's kind of ironic that the 1st boy that sent me flowers, married me 7 years later.

"I don't need your flowers, my Daddy sends me them."

And that is why I am a Daddy's Girl. Oh yeah, I love you too Mama!

Valentine's Day love and all of mine!

PS. Yes, I double dipped this year: Daddy and Gardener Guy sent me roses, and yes I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment