Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Walk By Faith

From the time of my 1st Lola disaster this fall, to my run-in with the deer, literally, and then gabbing about the weather ... I have been very aware lately.

I don't have a tattoo, and have lost interest in pretending I want one, but in college I had thought about it. I wanted to get, Walk by Faith (2 Corinthians 5:7), on the arch of my foot. Over time in college, I continued the walk and forgot about the tattoo.

Lately I have been aware of how God is walking with me. Did I lose you yet?

Last night, I got a call that my meeting in another town was canceled in the morning. I'll be honest, I was bummed. I would have gotten to sleep in an extra hour, an extra hour! I grumbled and groaned and went to work on time. I rescheduled my reading time with my students, who I had previously canceled for the meeting. And in the first 2 minutes of working with my student I realized that God had canceled my meeting for a reason so that we could take a walk.

Without revealing too much on the internet, my student revealed to me some abuse in his home. After talking with my mentor teacher and the student's classroom teacher about his revelations, I contacted our Social Worker. She contacted services and steps are being taken to protect the student and siblings.

My heart broke for the student this morning who was brave enough to open up trust another adult, and I am so aware and thankful of His mercy and compassion. Remember, He is walking with us.

Compassionate love and all of mine!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story La La! :) God put you there for that little boy and what a blessing he trusted you enough to tell you. I'm sure those little kiddos love you! and so do I!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you continue to walk by faith as God leads you. As you shared in your post, many times God is leading in paths that we did not intend to take but all for his glory and to touch a life as we do. Blessings and keep on walking. It does not have to be a tatoo a life-style is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sissy,
    That is a hard thing to hear and to take action on. I understand that and I've had to do that too. You are a tender heart and God's plan is always the best...he just always knows...we have learned that so much in the past 6 months, huh? When our plans change...there is a reason....we sometimes don't accept change....your post touches that...a great one indeed. Love you, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to be aware of where our steps are leading us. I will pray for your student and his/her family. The Lord knows that situation better than anyone, he will walk with them.

    ReplyDelete