I talk to my mama everyday on the phone, texting and/or emails, usually multiple times per day. I rarely talk to my dad on the phone and if I do, it's not too long before I hear "Well, here's your mom..." or "Well Stacey, I gotta go". Lucky for me, when I make it home he catches up on our talks with an, "You're the only one who will let me talk to you." Cough, cough Z!
I am probably most like my dad more than anyone else that I know except that I am noticing those moments -- "I'm turning into my mom". My daddy and I have the same sense of humor and laugh at the same lines in movies. We also enjoy the same small things in life, a quiet cup of coffee on the porch starts a summer morning off better than any other way that I know.
Team A at Dad's Master's graduation from Baker University.
Here is a story to let you know what a great guy he is: Every Valentine's Day, my dad sends my mom and all three girls roses. Why? To spoil his girls so that one day when they have their very own Valentine and he tries to send roses, we can say, "*I don't need your roses, my dad sends them to me." What a great daddy right?
*I wouldn't recommend actually saying this, it might not turn out so well for you either.
So here is a top 5 list to get to know Ron! :)
5. "Everybody else on the mountain feels the same way you do!"
4. Clark, Audrey's frozen from the waist down. That's all part of the experience, honey. -Christmas Vacation
3. Hear , ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. Proverbs 4:1
2. He's just like you Dad, only brilliant! -Father of the Bride
1. "I don't care if you're mad, you're going to smile and fake it!"
What does this have to do with Backyard Chic? He's walking me down the aisle :)
Love to you and your Daddy, and all of mine!