April showers bring May flowers and May flowers bring June weddings!
This March rain is making me optimistic that Spring is here, trees will start budding, and Mama and I can start planting flowers! I know that Daddy is looking forward to the grass coming in, if those pesky birds don't eat the grass seed first!
However, with all of this optimism is still the fear that we will be rained out and resort to Plan B.
Plan A includes outdoor ceremony and reception.
Plan A 1/2 includes outdoor ceremony and reception with a few sprinkles of rain.
Plan B includes Mother Nature shutting down Plan A and moving the ceremony and reception next door.
My parents live next door to a new elementary school (great for our parking situation!) and there would be plenty of room for the the ceremony on the stage of the all-purpose room and the reception in the gymnasium. We would move all of our rented items: chairs, tables, linens, arbor, food, cake, drinks and flower arrangements into the school. It won't be the homey feeling of our backyard, but I'm confident that we will be able to dress up the space to be as Backyard Chic as possible!
It took me awhile to come to terms with these Plan B plans but now I am on-board for 5 reasons:
5. It would be a convenient, simple solution without guests having to figure out where the new location would be.
4. There is plenty of space for both the ceremony and the reception.
3. It's a cheap back-up and we wouldn't need to reserve another venue. Plus, my mom teaches there and I was student of the school many years ago! It also is a nod to my teaching career.
2. Daddy says people will understand about Plan B if the weather is not cooperating.
1. At the end of the day, indoors or out, I'll be a
Here's to seeing the BIG picture in planning this wedding!
Sunshine love and all of mine!